Hello there! Today is a very special day, because I turn 19 and this marks a new year full of big happenings! So, I have decided to share 10 things that I have learned this past year.
- Love the life you have, not the one you wish for. If you go around constantly judging your life and the material possessions you have or what people think of you and comparing it to others, that is completely useless. You will just waste your life thinking about what you want, when you could be thinking about all of the blessings you do have.
- Being mean gets you nowhere. Even when people get on your last nerve, always try to be nice. You never know what someone else is going through and one small act of kindness could brighten someone’s day.
- No one is going to do everything for you. It’s time to stop relying on people and do things for yourself! You can’t have someone holding your hand all the way through life, and you definitely can’t always depend on people. People WILL let you down, maybe not even on purpose, but from time to time, it will happen.
- Worrying gets you nowhere. This is the one thing I have been struggling with most. Between school, people, jobs and balancing a healthy life, there is a lot going on. Sometimes you just need to stop and take a breath. Let it all go, and let God take care of it.
- It’s okay to move on and make new friends. In order to push forward in life, you may have to let go of the past, and as hurtful as it sounds, some of your friends may by the exact past you have to let go of. I never realized how much of an impact this had on my life until I heard a sermon on “The Right Friends” at church.
- Trust God, instead of taking matters into your own hands. By this, I do not mean that you should just sit back and do nothing when a situation comes to hand, but the first thing you should do is pray and trust that whatever happens is according to God’s plan. Without God, we are nothing.
- I love being by myself. Let me tell you this, there is nothing wrong with being alone! I actually quite love it. And no, that doesn’t mean I don’t like to hang out with my friends, it just means I have learned that I don’t always have to be hanging out with someone.
- Who cares what other people think? I don’t. Do what you love in life. Do what you think is best for you. The people that truly accept who you are will choose to be involved in your life and make an effort to stay in it. If you approve of your actions and how you look, that’s great! Be yourself!
- People matter most. Technically, I have known this for a very long time, but this is something that you take for granted when you’re younger. Nothing else matters besides the relationships you make with the people in your life.
- Your dreams will continue to just be dreams until you get up and do something. On December 17, 2016 I started my blog and since that day, I feel new and powerful. While I am still building my name and definitely learning the ways of the blog world, I have grown as a person and learned something new. This is probably one of the most important things on the list, simply because it has been my push into becoming my own person and figuring out who I want to identify myself as in my future. I have always known I wanted to do something within the fashion industry, but until I took the leap and jumped to start the blog, I never felt like I would ever belong.
Wow, that was a lot…
The past Nineteen years have been a complete blessing and I could not ask for more.
Happy Birthday to me.
Stay blessed and fabulous